The PTA Gecko Fund
Donate with PayPal
Your support is needed to keep Gullett a Living Experience
Gullett is an inviting and caring environment built and maintained to support the learning of all children who enter its doors. As a parent or caregiver of a 2012-2013 Gullett Gecko, we welcome you back for another amazing school year and invite you to find ways to make this a year of learning and growth for all our Geckos.
The operating budget given to the school by AISD is intended to ensure that the students at our school have the same supplies and opportunities as the other schools in the district. The volunteer and financial involvement of our Gecko parents support our school in ways that the district budget cannot: to create a unique school that is Gullett.
The Gecko Fund is the PTA’s largest source of financial support to keep Gullett a Living Experience that provides exception learning experiences for our children. In the last few years, the Gecko Fund has allowed the PTA to provide:
- Technology upgrades in classrooms to provide state-of-the-art programs and curricula
- Curriculum enhancements including new math, science and reading programs, as well as the T.R.I.B.E.S. program implemented for the 2012-2013 school year
- Spanish language programs available for all Gullett students
- Resources to allow teachers to gain advanced skills
- Supplies to improve classrooms and student experiences
- Programs that help Gullett become a zero-waste school
- Wellness events and activities to benefit all members of our school community
- An animal program to supplement learning and provide a welcoming school environment
- Enrichment scholarships to families in need
- Family Fun events to connect all families within Gullett
- Communications programs, including a newsletter and www.gullettgeckos.com, to connect parents, faculty and students on in-classroom activities and school news
- School infrastructure improvements including shade awnings, learning gardens and grounds improvements
- Staff appreciation events
This year, the PTA has budgeted over $60,000 — that’s $135 per student—to provide ongoing school programs and enhancements. Please consider making a contribution of $135 per child to the 2012-2013 Gecko Fund. Your donation, in any amount, will help keep Gullett a Living Experience for every Gecko. You may write a check payable to Gullett Elementary PTA (write “Gecko Fund” in the memo section) or pay with a credit card by clicking on the button above. Onetime or monthly installment options are available. Commitment cards and donation forms for offline processing are available here.
With your help, 2012-2013 will be an outstanding experience for all Gullett Geckos.
Lisa Alverson Abby Sandlin PTA Board President Gecko Fund Chair
p.s. Return your commitment card by September 30, 2012 to receive your fabulous Gullett decal!