Information for Parents
One reason Gullett is such an exceptional school is the involvement of our parents — in the classroom as volunteeers, at school events and fundraisers and with their kids at home.
- View the Weekly Folder blog for the latest news, events, volunteer opportunities and forms.
- Download Gullett 101 - an overview for parents about how things work at Gullett (updated for 2012-2013 school year).
- AISD 2012-2013 School Year Calendar (pdf format)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- AISD Parent Information website
- School Lunch Menu
- My Lunch Money Program
- AISD PreKindergarten (Pre-K) information
- School Bus Information
- Drop Off & Pick Up Guide (PDF format)
- Photo Permission Form (please download, sign, and return to homeroom teacher)
- PTA Fundraising Calendar for 2011-2012
- Box Tops for Education (Check local bonus offers)
Extracurricular Clubs, Activities & After School Care
Do you have a talent you would like to share in an after school activity for children? In past years Gullett parents and friends have organized book clubs, exercise classes, art clubs and more. Learn more about activities, programs and after school care »
Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
Read an overview of the Gullett PTA
The Texas PTA is the largest child-advocacy organization in Texas. Studies show that PTA membership provides children with a greater chance of achieving in school. As a PTA member, you are more likely to be an informed, involved parent. More than ever, it is important for parents to learn ways to keep children safe and involved in school. PTA is the best place to gain that knowledge.
Through the Gecko Fund donation, every family at Gullett is a PTA member. Being a member of enables you to get involved and voice your concerns and/or opinions in your child’s education. One example is our Spanish Program. When many parents wanted a change, the PTA listened and acted. The Spanish Program now has more hands-on learning, fewer worksheets, and optional homework. It’s what the parents asked for so the PTA made it happen.
Having a PTA card doesn’t obligate you for meetings or leadership, but we encourage participation at Gullett if you want to be more informed.